Monday, December 1, 2014

A New Month, A New Routine

Around Thanksgiving and Christmas, I always think back to what I was doing during the holidays last year. This time last year I was working my butt off at the gym a few days a week. The last few months I've been slacking. I am active outside quite a bit, but haven't renewed my gym membership in several months. I kept making excuses not to. Finally, since it was the first of the month, I decided it was the perfect time to start my new routine again. I marched myself into the gym and renewed my membership. My first workout back I had the gym totally to myself. It was so peacefule to be the only one there, to be back on my favorite elliptical and jamming out to my favorite workout station on Pandora. I only finished two miles, a few situps and some stretching, but I felt incredibly accomplished. I also felt fortunate that I'm physically healthy and capable of doing these things. Can't wait to get on a regular exercise routine again and start taking better care of my body for the rest of 2014 year and the future!

...It's the little things :)




No comments:

Post a Comment