If I didn't love Christmas so much, I would say the 4th of July is my favorite holiday. I love everything about summer and during 4th of July I'm always out boating, jet skiing, sunning and floating in the water. Oh and we can't forget the fireworks! 4th of July is already full of delicious summertime grilled food, but here's a fun idea for a refreshing, fruity and festive desert!
- 1 (12 ounce) package vanilla wafers
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 F (175 degrees C). Line miniature muffin tine with miniature paper liners
- Crush the vanilla wafers and place 1/2 teaspoon of the crushed vanilla wafers into each paper cup.
- In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar, eggs and vanilla until light and fluffy. Fill each miniature muffin liner with this mixture, almost to the top.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Cool.
- I substituted the vanilla wafers for graham crackers. Love an original graham cracker crust. I arranged my mini cheesecake delights onto this festive flag platter, and arranged the fruit to make the tops of the cheesecakes look like a flag as well. I use blueberries and raspberries (think they were on sale that week!) but this could be done with blackberries or strawberries as well. Enjoy!