Sunday, November 9, 2014

Plain Kitchen to Aqua Kitchen - A Full Remodel

Since my home was a foreclosure, it had sat vacant for nearly two years before the purchase. The pipes had been winterized, but not in time, so I had burst pipes behind one of the kitchen walls. I knew I wanted to do something different with the large kitchen area, but all I had in mind was turning the middle island around so it was more functional and replacing the floors. Past that, all I'd started envisioning was decorating it with tones of my favorite aqua color.  My dad had a bigger picture in mind, and decided to go all out since we had to replace one of the existing wall's drywall instead. We were able to keep the same cupboards, but modernize them with new handles. New floors, countertops, backsplash, and a new sink all transformed the look of the cabinets and entire room. I couldn't be happier with the finished product. It's such a bright, open, inviting and productive feeling space. Here are some before and after pictures. I will blog more in the future about the remodel process :)






No comments:

Post a Comment